Fabiana Wijnschenk will host an Argentine cooking workshop in March 2017. Menu for the evening includes:
- Locro Criollo, a thick stew of vegetables and beef
- Empanadas Criollas, stuffed with “beef cut by the knife”
- Pastelitos criollos de Dulce de Membrillo for dessert
As Fabi explains…
Argentinian gastronomy is known for its main ingredient, especially beef. The type and cut of beef basically determines the type of cooking, and this goes from fast cooking, stir frying to stew.
Each region has its own dishes, but Argentine Traditional Creole Cuisine, Cocina Criolla Tradicional, is the perfect combination of native ingredients and cooking techniques introduced by immigrants.
One of the most representative dishes is Locro Criollo, a thick stew of vegetables and beef, which is usually consumed to celebrate the May Revolution in the fall, or Independence Day during the cold July.
Of course you can never miss the Creole Empanadas, Empanadas Criollas, stuffed with “beef cut by the knife”. And the best Argentine wine for a perfect pairing, Malbec.
Creole Sweet Quince Cake –Pastelitos criollos de Dulce de Membrillo– for dessert. And as we, Argentinians, say: Viva la Patria! ”
– Fees are 10 euro per person.
– There are only 5 spots available, and the registration will be processed on a first come first serve basis.
– To register for this event, please email Anish Patil at email@example.com. Once your registration is confirmed, you will receive an email with bank information where payment can be made and event location details will be sent.
– It is a participatory event, where we will all cook & eat together and clean after us before heading home.